Decommissioning of Offshore Oil Rigs
The decommissioning process starts with many years of planning and it involves a high level of underwater activities. The technological advancements might allow to collect large volumes of survey data or to perform a specific mechanical intervention. However, the steps between data acquisition, information extraction, decision making, and execution are mostly separated. As well as information extraction and decision making is firmly in human hands creating a long lag and additional costs.
Our company brings cross-disciplinary expertise, a rich data repository, and an easy-to-work-with environment for a service offering that accelerates the path towards new technologies. The provision of highly automated collection and processing of relevant data from trusted sources enables us to produce a robust assessment that lowers the costs of decommissioning.
Automation of Decommissioning Activities Support
- long term weather reports and forecasts
- Sea state statistics
- define suitable offshore operational windows for years ahead
Logistics and End-to-End Business Support
We detect and monitor the presence of marine traffic in the area of the decommissioning process.
- shipping lanes
- fishing activities
- working vessels operations
- vessel routes
Monitoring of the Environmental Impact
One of the huge challenges is the possible profound environmental impact of a decommissioning activity during the execution and long timeafter. Hence, we provide services of monitoring for
- oil spills and leakages
- full lifecycle and live-tracking of toxic, harmful, or hazardous materials from asset to the treatment plant
- Researching environmental restrictions in terms of location relative to protected areas and timing respecting when local species must remain undisturbed.
@PACE - Project Awareness and Collaboration Environment
Based on scalable micro-services architecturevices architecture